FROM PIM (Interlibrary loan – city of Rome) TO PID (Interlibrary digital loan)
The University of Rome Tor Vergata, in agreement with Consorzio Sistema Biblioteche dei Castelli Romani, has activated the MediaLibraryOnline service for academic users.
The University of Tor Vergata, on the initiative of the libraries of the University, as part of the collaboration already in being with Consorzio Sistema Biblioteche Castelli Romani, within the logic already agreed in the affiliation recently concluded for the metropolitan interlibrary loan service PIM, has extended the collaboration to the loan of digital resources, thanks to its adherence to the progetto MLOL – Media Library On-Line.
Through this service, the entire academic community will be able to borrow digital content: from the terminals in the University, from home, from their mobile devices.
Through MOL can be consulted, free of charge, digital collections of participating libraries: e-books, music, films, newspapers, databases, online training courses (e-learning), image archives and much more.
Some types of works, such as audio and e-books, also include downloadable resources on mobile devices. The access modes are very simple and immediate:
- From the Consorzio Sistema Biblioteche Castelli Romani portal:http://castelliromani.medialibrary.it/home/home.aspx
- Enter the institutional login credentials (login and password used for the University services)
The connection is completed.
MLOL is the first Italian network of public and university libraries for digital lending, constantly evolving. Currently, there are more than 4,500 member libraries in 18 Italian regions and 7 foreign countries.
- E-books: about 1.200.000
- Music tracks: 12 millions
- Databases, e-learning for digital teaching: 120
- L’Edicola: the main national newspapers and a collection of about 5,000 newspapers and periodicals from 90 countries in 40 languages
- Audiobooks in English language and Italian language
- Cinema: a collection of films in Italian language and the best productions of independent film festivals around the world
- “Open” Resources selected and catalogued by the librarians within MLOL
The content is streamed, with a network connection, or, in some cases, downloadable.